The Marangu route is the oldest, most well established route on Kilimanjaro. It is the easiest route up the mountain and is considered “touristy”. Over time, what other name has it attained?
- The Highway [To Heaven]
- Pepsi Way
- The Coca-Cola Route
- The Uber Route
The Djibouti francolin is;
- a unit of currency
- the traditional dress of Djibouti
- a type of bird species
- puffed pastry and favorite of the nobility
Born in 1973 and currently living at the Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia, Kenya. He is known for being the last male of his subspecies in the world and one of only three living in the world. Which of the Big Five is this?
- Chad, the last Black Ethiopian Leopard
- Benin, the last Red Cape Buffalo
- Mali, the last great White Lion of the Sahara
- Sudan, the last great Northern White Rhinoceros
‘Despite world-class waves, the beaches… are still little known and uncrowded – the perfect spot for a surfing safari.’ – The Guardian
Which region are they referring to?
- Mogadishu, Somalia
- Capetown, South Africa
- Ponta d’Ouro (Gold Coast), Mozambique
- Dakar, Senegal
Back in 1974, Zanzibar was the first area in Africa to introduce this piece of technology;
- Polaroid camera
- Sony walkman
- Colour television
- Apple desktop computer
Christmas in Djibouti is celebrated not on December 25 but rather;
- on February 29, (A Leap Day)
- on February 14, (Valentine’s Day)
- on January 7, (the day after Epiphany i.e. the last day of the 12 days of Christmas)
- on January 1, (New Year’s Day)
The Island of Zanzibar boasts of pristine white sand beaches, abundant sunshine and exotic Swahili dishes. What does the name ‘Zanzibar’ actually mean?
- ‘pirates bay’
- ‘treasure island’
- ‘the coast of black people’
- ‘the spice islands’
Because of the geographical and cultural diversity of the country, it is often referred to as “Africa in miniature” and as “the hinge of Africa”.
Africa is the only region other than the Mediterranean with an historically dated B.C. volcanic eruption. Where was it observed?
- at Mount Cameroon (Cameroon)
- at Mount Kenya (Kenya)
- at Mount Nyiragongo (Democratic Republic of Congo/Rwanda)
- at Mount Mafadi (South Africa/Lesotho)
This East African lake is the saltiest lake outside of Antarctica. It is even saltier than the famous Dead Sea;
- Lake Kivu on the border beween Democaric Republic of Congo and Rwanda
- Lac Assal of Djibouti
- Lake Kyoga of Uganda
- Lake Malawi