One of the rarest canid species in the world is Africa’s most endangered carnivore due to loss of habitat, disease such as rabies, road killings, shooting and persecution by humans. Only about 500 of these remain in the wild.
- Ethiopian Wolf
- Brown Hyena of the Kalahari
- Black Cheetah of Kenya & Zambia
- African Wild Dog
Lake Nakuru is the single most important foraging site for the lesser flamingo anywhere, and a major nesting and breeding ground for great white pelicans. It has been described by ornithologists as the greatest bird spectacle in the world.
What is the estimated flamingo population at Lake Nakuru?
1. 500,00 – 1 millon
2. 1 – 2 million
3. 1.5 – 10 million
Maybe you know that it’s a pride of lions, a troop of monkeys, a pack of wild dogs or a herd of elephants but what is a group of wildebeest called?
1. A cartload
2. A conspiracy
3. A coalition
4. An implausibility
The oldest national park in Africa is home to rare mountain gorillas, lions, and elephants.
- Namibia’s Etosha National Park
- Congo’s Virunga National Park
- Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area
- Botswana’s Okavango Delta
This popular American reality television show once took place in Gabon; featuring some of the most fascinating wildlife – elephants, gorillas & crocodiles – and some of the most dangerous conditions.
- Amazing Race
- Duck Dynasty
- Extreme Home Makeover
Zimbabwe is a South African country located between the Zambezi and Limpopo rivers. In terms of the land area it covers, it is three times the size of England. How many official languages do they have?
Of the world’s five fastest land animals, four reside in Africa, which four are these?
1. The Brown Hare, Lion, African Black Bear and Cheetah
2. The Cheetah, Blue Wildebeest, Lion and Thompson’s Gazelle
3. The Pronghorn Antelope, Blue Wildebeest, Lion and Brown Hare
4. The Springbok, Lion, African Black Bear & Jackal
The red feathers of the lourie bird are a sign of belonging to the royal family of Swaziland and can only be worn by members of the royal family. How is a king of this world’s last remaining absolute Monarchy selected?
1. The first born son of the first wife of the King.
2. The oldest surviving brother of the Queen Mother.
3. Any son (adult male) of Swaziland as long as he is not of royal birth
4. Any son of a Swaziland king as long as he is single.
Despite being a poor and conflict-ridden country, this nation boasts a space program. Privately financed with significant government support, the Troposphere rockets are expected to send cargo to outer space in the near future.
- Democratic Republic Of Congo
- Ivory Coast
- South Africa
At the end of the nineteenth century, just as colonial Africa was opening up as a market, all the manufacturers of shoes in Victorian England sent their representatives to Africa to see if there might be an opportunity there for their wares. All duly came back in time with the same answer. ‘Nobody in Africa wears shoes. So, there is no market for our products there.’
All, that is, save for the representative from this company;
- Clarks, Britain
- Bata, Czech Republic
- Adidas, Bavaria
- Puma, Bavaria