The oldest national park in Africa is home to rare mountain gorillas, lions, and elephants.
- Namibia’s Etosha National Park
- Congo’s Virunga National Park
- Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area
- Botswana’s Okavango Delta
2. Congo’s Virunga National Park. A UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most bio-diverse areas on the planet.
*The park is currently under renewed threat by UK oil company, Soco, which is set to begin oil exploration via the adjacent Uganda. To learn more see the brief GlobalWitness.Org, Protecting Viruga National park From Oil Companies